A lot of people wonder how to have a great morning. Sometimes people swear that they wake up on the wrong side of the bed. I don’t believe that there is a wrong side of the bed, so I wanted to share some tips about how to guarantee a good day. Here are three questions for you:
- Do you ever feel like you always angry in the morning?
- Do you ever feel like you wish you could start your day on a higher note?
- Do you ever want to just go to bed and start over?
5 Secrets To Having Great Mornings
I truly believe the key to having great days starts with how your morning goes. These are 5 secrets that I use to start my day on a good note.
- I don’t allow arguing or bickering in my presence, in my earshot or anything in the morning. I do not do it. I will leave the house, go outside, go sit the car. I refuse to hear negativity in the morning. I don’t do it because it sends me in a tailspin.
- I don’t have personal conversations with people who have a tendency to complain in the morning. Why? Because if they start complaining and you’re listening to them. You’re likely to start complaining as well and feeling. Save those conversations ’til after 5.
- Eat your healthy meal in the morning. I know someone out there is saying, “Every meal should be healthy.” I’m saying, if you start with a healthy meal, you have already accomplished a good thing for your mind and your body for the day. That’ll make you feel good all day.
- Sit in silence for 10 – 20 minutes once you awaken. You can listen to some meditation music while you do this. But, this allows your mind to quietly adjust to your day. This will help prevent you from feeling rushed and anxious when starting your day.
- Get dressed to your favorite music. Nothing makes me as happy as listening to some good music. When I start my day after having listened to some good music, there is already a bounce in my step.
These are my five personal secrets and they have helped me a lot. When I stopped allowing myself to listen or participate in arguments in the morning, I noticed my outlook on my day had improved greatly. When I stopped talking to negative nelly’s in the morning, my productivity increased. Eating right in the morning gave me such enthusiasm for my day. Meditation helps to be calm as I’m starting my day. Listening music just makes me happy. I know everything doesn’t work for everyone. But, these five things help to start my day off on the right track so I hope they help someone else out there.
I hope you enjoyed listening to this episode of Live Better with Your Host Yasmin Shiraz. I’ve been producing this podcast now for 50 episodes and I need a favor. Please leave a review of the podcast on iTunes. We’re currently on iTunes and Stitcher Radio. If you have any questions that you’d like me to address on the podcast, please email me email@example.com. And, if you’d like to know more about me, my books, films and what not, please visit www.yasminshiraz.net.
This episode was sponsored by the Don’t Knock It novel series by Lyla Marie Ross. The first two books Dare & Deep are romances that go beyond the norm. I’m talking some steamy stuff. I enjoyed reading them, so if you want to check them out look up the books Dare and Deep both by author Lyla Marie Ross on Amazon.com. Her site is www.lylamarieross.com.
See you next time.