- Do you ever say negative things to yourself about yourself?
- Do you ever criticize yourself?
- Do you ever think you are hard on yourself?
If you answered yes to any of those questions, then I bet this podcast will be helpful to you.
Everyone isn’t “into” self-help or affirmations. I get that. But, I still think there are a few key phrases that we should be telling ourselves everyday to help us get motivated, stay motivated and be happy.
5 Things You Should Be Saying To Yourself
- I deserve to be happy. How many times have you stayed in a relationship? (TOO LONG) Stayed at a job? (TOO LONG) Allowed people to treat you any kind of way? (FOR TOO LONG) If you tell yourself every day that you deserve to be happy, you will begin to form relationships that support that belief.
- I deserve good things to happen to me. How many times have you said, “I’ll never get that job.” Or, “That would never happen to me.” Well, that’s part of the problem. You must believe that you deserve for good things to happen in your life and they will.
- I deserve loving people in my life. This sorta sounds like #1 but there’s something that I’d like to point out. Loving people should act in a way that is LOVING toward YOU. If they are your family and they treat you poorly, they do not deserve to be in your life. If a significant other treats you poorly, he/she does not deserve to be in your life. If your friends treat you poorly, they do not deserve to be in your life. Your life should be full of people who love you and treat you accordingly. You’ll be a lot happier.
- I forgive myself for the mistakes I’ve made. How many times have you beat yourself up for something that you did 5 years ago? 10 years ago? 15 years ago? Heck, a month ago. The point is, you gotta move on. Everyone makes mistakes. If we learn from them, great. If we don’t, we’re bound to repeat them. But, still, we must forgive ourselves so that we can move forward. No more being angry at yourself. NO MORE!
- I will treat myself well. This reads like the easiest thing ever, but its not. We mistreat ourselves by not taking care of our bodies, by abusing ourselves and allowing ourselves to be abused. We mistreat ourselves when we allow people to treat us as LESS than who we are. Treating yourself well is about being kind and loving toward yourself. Each and every day you should be doing something kind and loving for YOU.
Saying the phrases above have helped me so much and so I wanted to share them with you. Your life can and should reflect the best of you. None of us can reach our best if we are surround by the worst.
Peace & Love,