HOW TO KEEP THE FAITH
Welcome to this episode of Live Better with your host, Yasmin Shiraz. I want to be productive and complete projects with the high yield. This year, I added more high yield projects to my schedule and so I had to figure out how to keep the podcast in my schedule. I’ve figured it out. So, All of us deal with doubts from time to time. The focus of this podcast is: How to keep the faith? What tools should we use to continue to believe in ourselves? Here are some questions for you:
- Do you ever have doubts about the course of your life?
- Do you ever doubt your plans?
- Do you ever question if the journey that you’re on is even worth it?
If you answered yes to any of the questions, then this Podcast may very well be for you.
If you’re like me, you come up with plans all the time. But, sometimes in the middle of the plan, you lose your way. Maybe the doubts begin to settle in, maybe the goal in the distance seems a little foggy. But, most recently I learned the key to keeping the faith especially about plans in life and our journey.
- Write down your goals AND write down steps to your goals. So say for example your goal is to write a book and it seems to be taking forever. But, if your goal is to write a chapter a day or a week, that will help you to keep your goal in view thereby keeping the faith. In 2014, I wrote three books almost four. Previously in my career, I’d pace myself with one book a year or so. But, writing down my goals and setting an amount of words per day helped me to be more productive than I’d ever been. Writing down goals works.
- Find an accountability partner. Ask someone to be your partner in helping you to realize your goals. This can be as simple as a weekly conversation or a monthly conversation where each of you share which goals that you are focused on and each meeting you discuss how you are tackling those goals.
I’ve been working with an accountability partner for over a year and its helped me tremendously to stay on track and reach goals that were previously impossible to me. Being accountable to someone helps you to get over the blockade. As long as person cares about your success, they can help you become more accountable to yourself.
It’s frustrating to feel that you’re not reaching your potential, so I hope this tip helps someone out there. . Email me yshiraz @yasminshiraz.net. I wanna hear from you.
I hope you’ve enjoyed this episode of Live Better with Your Host Yasmin Shiraz. If you have any tips or questions that you’d like me address on my site or on the Live Better podcast, please email me at YShiraz AT YasminShiraz dot net. For more Live Better episodes, please visit www.yasminshiraz.net , sign up on iTunes or sign up on Stitcher Radio.
See you next time
Peace & Love,