SPENDING YOUR TIME WISELY
Welcome to this episode of Live Better with your host, Yasmin Shiraz. I’ve been thinking a lot lately about how I spend my time. Who do I give my time to? Who do I share my time with? Do I spend my time wisely? What do I waste time on? Earlier this year I realized that I’d invested a lot of time in people with little return on the investment. With that realization, I made a pact with myself. Before I go into the pact, I’d like to ask you a few questions before we begin.
- Do you have anyone in your life who burns up a lot of your free time?
- Do you have any relationships that seem to take up more of your time and do not give back to you?
- Do you ever go through a weekend and wonder where all your time has gone?
If you answered yes to any of those three questions, then you may already sense how important your time is when leads me to my pact. Over the years, I’ve asked myself, how can I get more out of each day? I love connecting with people but I hate feeling that I’ve wasted time. So, in the pact with myself, I decided three things:
- Good relationships are both give and take. If you’re in a relationship that just takes from you and doesn’t give, it’s a waste of your time.
- Analyze the benefits and costs in all of your relationships. You should be aware of how you’re spending your time. This may sound sorta crazy, but its not.
- Be sure to do things with your time which empower you and make you feel better about yourself.
One of the things that I do which I believe is a great investment in time is respond to emails from my readers. When I receive emails from my readers, I return the emails and I might mention another project that I’m working on. I value the people who are in my network, so I find writing emails are a great time investment as opposed to listening to someone one drone on about problems that they don’t really want to solve. The key here is spending your time wisely.
So I encourage you to look at your schedule, look at your days and see how you’re actually spending your time. Remember when the time is gone, its gone. There’s nothing that can change that. So, value the time you have and be sure that the people who you give your time are worthy of it.
I hope you’ve enjoyed this episode of Live Better with Your Host Yasmin Shiraz. If you have any tips or questions that you’d like me address on my site or on the Live Better podcast, please email me at YShiraz AT YasminShiraz dot net. For more Live Better episodes, please visit www.yasminshiraz.net , sign up on iTunes or sign up on Stitcher Radio.
See you next time…
Peace & Love,